Some of you may be wondering about the recent changes to my logo and page name. I have noticed for some time that my fans and clients are often asking me what my first name is when we meet or start e-mailing. I want everyone to feel comfortable to approach me and not have that lingering feeling of…
‘Great, so I know you are a photographer, and your last name is Smiley… – but what do I actually call you!?’ (Fun Fact – I do respond just as quickly to ‘Smiley’ and I do to Laura.)
Meeting new people and having the privilege to work with so many wonderful people in my job is one of my favourite parts of the experience. I hope that with sharing my full name it can open up conversation more quickly and easily. I am so excited about the change!
For those of you who haven’t been following me long I’d like to tell you a little about myself.
- Most of my life has been spent living in Wainwright Alberta. I moved back in 2013 and am quite happy to call Wainwright my home.
- I have been running Laura Smiley Photography (formerly L Smiley Photography) since I graduated from high school in 2008.
- I attended Grant MacEwan University from 2008-2011 and studied Design with a major in Photography. I met some amazing friends in those years.
- I absolutely love outdoor photography. Whether it be weddings, grads, family, sports, etc… I love being outdoors as much as possible.
- I love Nikon and I love Macs
- My favourite sport is baseball – and it is probably the only sport that I actually understand the rules and can actually watch from start to finish without being completely lost. (Go Blue Jays, Cubs & Cardinals!)
- Traveling keeps me sane. I usually like to have my next trip planned before I am even home from the last.
- I love a good road-trip. Even if it is work related that time on the road is so much fun. I find myself constantly admiring the scenery and thinking ‘I wish I had a bride in the car with me…’
- Coffee and steak are staples. A morning is truly not started until I have had that coffee. And steak… That’s a food group if you ask me. 😉
- One of my favourite adventures in the last two years has been Auntie ‘TeeTee’ to my handsome twin nephews. Those two absolutely melt my heart.
Laura Smiley – firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit – Jenna Taryn Photography